Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Season '07-US Open, Richmond, Va

Alright I have been a slacker so I've got a lot to catch you up on. This is some old news now but I've got to start somewhere so here tiz since I don't have any bad pics of Bowles to post...oh well...BTW if you want to see bad pics go look at Sue P-K's blog at the post titled, you guessed it, Bad Pics. I especially love the socks...ah, we've all been there, eh?



So anyway April 6 The Advil/Chapstick team descended on Richmond Va for the inaugural US Open Cycling Championships and kicked some butt! Or should it be butts? All the butts that showed up, actually, except Tina's...I guess if someone else has to win it might as well be Tina. Jen took second and Heather third after Bowlsie was off the front making the other teams work. She still hung in for 10th.

Heather, Mara (that's Mrs. National Masters Crit Champ to you) and Natalie ( US Collegiate Crit Champ) did a school visit to talk about being professionals and athletes and women in sports and I think made a few converts. Mara was the master and had those kids eating out of her hand.







I got to be director as well as doing my usual swancanic duties. So far I'm 1-1 as a director. Just my good fortune cuz the team does all the work but I think we had a good plan this time and the racers made it happen. I'll get you next time JW...
More soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home