Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Flying the inept and confused skies



I'm not one to complain. I'm usually a half-full kind of guy when things aren't ideal; I prefer to be positive. However, my US AIRWAYS/AMERICA WEST flight out to California was pretty bad. 2 canceled flights. First it was due to weather and that didn't upset me; what can you do? After an hour and a half of standing on line, however, I was reaching a challenging state of mind They finally rescheduled my flight for the next day. They made no mention of hotels, etc. The second cancellation was due to a mechanical, one they had known about the day before but had neglected to schedule a mechanic to come fix. Even that would have been ok, but they didn't catch it until everyone was on the plane. After they realized something was wrong, they stalled while they tried to find a mechanic, and then just cancelled the flight outright. I was not impressed and neither were the hundred or so others with as it took 4 hours of standing on line to reach an agent who rescheduled me for a later flight.
The third try was the charm, and the best part of the trip was running into Jason and Brandi Van buskirk from home in the airport on their way to Vegas! We had a lunchtime beer which I really needed and once we left the ground everything was fine. However, I think that US AIRWAYS / AMERICA WEST has a long way to go and are now my last choice of airline.
Did I mention that this was US AIRWAYS / AMERICA WEST? Good.

1 Comments:

At 4:39 PM , Blogger Tara Ross said...

Hey Tim, cool blog. I think your travel tale could only be worse had you flown through London-Healthrow where they would have lost your luggage for at least 2 weeks. I look forward to working with you this summer. Tara

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home