Monday, April 03, 2006

What a trip!


Greetings from California! It's taken me a month to finally start updating people on my doings but since it's pouring today I'm hiding out in our host house and figuring out this blog thing. There's a lot to catch everyone up on so I'm just going to post things in no particular order-more fun that way! Enjoy...






In case you didn't know, I'm doing a stint as the soigneur for the Colavita/Cooking Light Women's Cycling Team. An awesome bunch of ladies and second to none on the bike. One of the perks of the job is riding with them! Here it's (l to r) Audrey "the Face" Lemieux, mechanic "I'm a man" Doug Berner, Sima "for Real" Trapp, Sarah "podium girl" Tillotson, me, and Tina "Oops, I won!" Pic, pausing at Ventura beach.


One of the best things about this trip is that Shelley could join me for a little working vacation, taking a little r&r and taking over as soigneur for a couple of days while I shift my attention to the bikes because Doug leaves to go the Ironman in Arizona to work with the Timex Tri Team. Here she is sporting the team duds at the Garrett Lemiere Memorial Grand Prix in sunny Ojai. Looking good, girl!


Oops, Tina won! I got to call this race on the radio because Jim, the team director, is back home. The team all wear an earpiece during the race so that they can hear the director and talk to each other. It was great; when I said "move up", they moved up, when I said "watch for attacks", they were vigilant, and when I said "go now!!!", they went! Then I found out after the race that my mic was broken and they didn't hear a word I said. Oh well! Great minds....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home